The Ladder School will be a safe, well ordered and caring environment for learning. It will deliver high quality education to all its students and will support them to develop their individual potential for growth, self-worth and self-control.
High quality outstanding teaching, and clear and consistent guidance and support will facilitate students in succeeding in education. Our broad and balanced academic and vocational curriculum will provide students with access to a broad range of accredited qualifications as well as educational and social experiences, which will address their learning and emotional needs (including SEND and Mental Health support). Our purpose is to support every student to develop their true potential, make positive contributions to their families and find fulfilment in employment.
- Alternative Provision doesn’t mean a dumping ground…it’s mainstream with the reasonable adjustments to succeed
- High standards and high expectations are incredibly important and are the corner stones to a successful school
- The Ladder School, should become the go-to place for educators from across the country to see best practice
- Good simply isn’t good enough
- Learning is about a journey and there is more than one way to get to the destination
- Qualifications, manners, respect and opportunity should be the foundations for students that need a second chance.
Daring to Dream
For all staff, students, parents and partner agencies visiting The Ladder School, they can expect to see the key parts to our school ethos in all aspects of school life.
High standards – students are pushed to achieve beyond their potential, and staff work to ensure everything that we do is better than people expect.
Daring to Dream – students at The Ladder School may have been in an educational setting where they lack aspiration to be successful, at The Ladder School we challenge students to reach their potential and go on to further education and employment.
Traditional Values – some things often get forgotten in education, at The Ladder School we pride ourselves on mutual respect, good manners, making a positive contribution, supporting one another and an orderly, litter free environment.
Success – can come in many virtues, at The Ladder School we celebrate the small steps every day and tell students when they are doing well. We ensure that students can have a successful future.
Personalised Support - all students at The Ladder School have a Learning Coach who guides them, sets them bespoke targets and supports them in making social and academic progress.